Monday, June 20, 2011

You put a WHAT on your 3 year old?

So I was browsing through facebook this weekend, and I came across a facebook friend of mines who took a picture of her daughter's hair. And she proudly writes my three year old daughter's hair! It was bone straight. Before I posted a comment I read the post prior to mines. One person asked her did she relax her daughter hair, and she proudly writes yeah I did. Then another person writes, I had to do that with my child's hair because I didn't know what to do with it. Then another write I hope you take care of her ends. I look at the poor baby's hair and I notices she had split ends with straight hair. So not only did the poor baby have a chemical in her hair but the baby also had damaged ragedy ends. So I commented why would you but a chemical that strong in a three year old hair. Most doctors recommend that you w8 at least until the child is 7 or 8 years old. She goes her hair is curly and I didn't know how to manage it. So I l8r commented and said did you research how to maintain curly/natural hair. I said all you would have needed was a wide tooth comb, conditors, and used bows that did not have metal endings, and wet her hair when you needed to detangle it. Also go to your daily grocery store and buy some oil to seal the moisture and her hair would have been fine. But I guess its too late for that, whats done is done. I am not knocking perms because I use to have one, but three years old?!?!?!?  At what age do you think a parent should put a relaxer in their child's hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment